Apple has just announced AirPods Max, the most awaited product in the AirPods family where the rumors called it AirPods Studio before its launch. AirPods Max is an over-ear headphone design that provides high-fidelity audio, combines a custom acoustic design powered by H1 chips and advanced software integration to power computational audio to listening experience with Adaptive Audio, Active Noice Cancelation, Transparency mode, and spatial audio.
The new AirPods Max comes in five different colors including space gray, silver, sky blue, green, pink, and AirPods Max available to order with a price tag of US $549 (View on apple.com) and Rs.59,900 in India (View on apple.com/in). Just make sure that your devices should be running iOS 14.3 or later, iPadOS 14.3 or later, macOS Big Sur 11.1 or later, watchOS 7.2, and tvOS 14.3 or later.
The battery of AirPods Max will be long lasting up to 20 hours of high-fidelity audio, movie playback with ANC and spatial audio enabled, it also provides 5 minutes of charge time lasting up to 1.5 hours of listening time. Fun facts: And yes Apple has again done it, charging via Lightning connector they provide Lightning to USB-C cable in the box, so you can continue with your life with the Apple Lightning connector because it’s Apple’s innovation.
AirPods Max comes with a soft, slim Smart Case that puts AirPods Max in an ultralow-power state that helps to preserve battery charge when not in use.
“AirPods are the most popular headphones in the world, beloved for their effortless setup, incredible sound quality, and iconic design. With AirPods Max, we are bringing that magical AirPods experience to a stunning over-ear design with high-fidelity audio,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The custom acoustic design, combined with powerful H1 chips, and advanced software enable AirPods Max to use computational audio to wirelessly deliver the ultimate personal listening experience,” he added.
AirPods Max’s architecture is carefully designed to provide each user with an outstanding acoustic performance. The breathable knit mesh canopy is made to spread weight and reduce on-head pressure, covering the headband. For a wide range of head shapes and sizes, the stainless steel headband frame offers strength, versatility, and comfort. To retain the perfect fit, telescoping headband arms smoothly expand and remain in place.
Through an innovative mechanism that balances and distributes ear cup pressure, each AirPods Max ear cup attaches to the headband and allows it to pivot and rotate independently to match the specific shapes of a user’s head. To build an efficient seal, each ear cushion uses acoustically designed memory foam, a crucial factor in delivering immersive sound. The Digital Crown, inspired by Apple Watch provides accurate volume control and the ability to play or pause music, skip tracks, answer or terminate phone calls, and trigger Siri.
AirPods Max features a dynamic driver designed by Apple 40 mm that offers rich, deep bass, precise mid-range, and crisp clean high-frequency extension so that you can hear every note. A special dual neodymium ring magnet motor enables AirPods Max to sustain, even at high volume, total harmonic distortion of less than 1 percent across the entire audible range.
AirPods Max packed with an Apple-designed H1 chip, a custom acoustic interface, and advanced software in each ear cup, AirPods Max utilizes machine audio to provide the highest possible quality listening experience. Computational audio drives a revolutionary listening experience that includes Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency Mode, and spatial audio using each of the 10 audio cores of the chips, capable of 9 billion operations per second.
- Adaptive EQ: AirPods Max uses Adaptive EQ to adjust the sound to the fit and seal of the ear cushions by measuring the sound signal delivered to a user and adjusting the low and mid-frequencies in real-time — bringing rich audio that captures every detail.
- Active Noise Cancellation: AirPods Max delivers immersive sound through Active Noise Cancellation so users can focus on what they are listening to. Each ear cup features three outward-facing microphones to detect environmental noise, while one microphone inside the ear cup monitors the sound reaching the listener’s ear. Using computational audio, noise cancellation continuously adapts to the headphone fit and movement in real-time.
- Transparency Mode: With AirPods Max, users can switch to Transparency mode to simultaneously listen to music while hearing the environment around them — ensuring everything, including a user’s own voice, sounds natural while the audio plays perfectly. Switching between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode can be done with a single press using the noise control button.
- Spatial Audio: AirPods Max uses spatial audio with dynamic head tracking to place sounds virtually anywhere in space — delivering an immersive, theater-like experience for content recorded in 5.1, 7.1, and Dolby Atmos. Using the gyroscope and accelerometer in AirPods Max and iPhone or iPad, spatial audio tracks the motion of a user’s head as well as the device, compares the motion data, then remaps the sound field so it stays anchored to the device, even as the user’s head moves.
AirPods Max can use optical and positioning sensors to automatically detect when they are on a user’s head. AirPods Max can play the audio once in place and will pause once removed or when the user simply raises one ear cup. Due to beam-forming microphones that block out ambient noise and concentrate on the user’s voice, voice calls and Siri commands are crisp and simple with AirPods Max.
- Automatic switching allows users to seamlessly move sound between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. When playing music on Mac, users can easily take a call on iPhone and AirPods Max will automatically switch over.
- Audio Sharing makes it possible to easily share an audio stream between two sets of AirPods on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV 4K. Simply bring AirPods Max near the device and connect with a single tap.
- Siri capabilities include the ability to play music, make phone calls, control the volume, get directions, and more. Siri can also read incoming messages as they arrive with Announce Messages with Siri.
FTC: We receive compensation from the links on this page. Learn more