Yesterday, Apple has been announced eight app and game developers to receive a 2020 Apple Design Awards. This including app and game Darkroom by Bergen Co., Looom by iorama.studio, Sharpr3D by Shapr3D Zartkoruen Mukodo Reszvenytarsasag, StaffPad by StaffPad Ltd., “Sayonara Wild Hearts” by Simogo and publisher Annapurna Interactive, “Sky: Children of the Light” by thatgamecompany, “Song of Bloom” by indie developer Philipp Stollenmayer, “Where Cards Fall” by The Game Band and publisher Snowman.
Each of these apps and game developers selected upon thoughtful and creative. Every year Apple has been announced the Apple Design Award, and every winner has their new creative ideas. “Every year, app and game developers demonstrate exceptional craftsmanship and we’re honoring the best of the best,” said Ron Okamoto, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations.
List of Apple Design Award WInners:
- Darkroom, it is developed by Bergen Co., we already know how powerful photo and video editor features of this app with a user-friendly interface and easy to use. The Darkroom provides smooth and great performance. It has beautiful controls and layouts which allows editors more creative. Pro photographers also use this app because it has uses Apple technologies including photo and camera API, Home Screen quick actions, contextual menus, and haptics. I have also used this app, but I’m not a photo editor enthusiast, but it easy to use, and it’s very simple. This app also has a paid subscription that will unlock the Curve Editor and Selective Color tool, custom icon, premium filters.
- Looom is developed by diorama.studio, it is an animation playground app to create hand-drawn animation. It’s secretly a robust app with a reimagined UI for animators and creators. It taking inspiration from music creation tools. It was designed for professionals and beginners. This app has deep functionality and an intuitive interface. Looom is available on iPadOS, it also uses Apple Pencil technology.
- Shapr3D is developed by Zartkoruen Mukodo Reszvenytarsasag, it is a powerful 3D CAD models app for professionals and it available on iPadOS. “Shapr3D is a powerful CAD app for iPad that has the potential to drastically transform the architectural and technical drawing workflow. There’s no need for a desk, so inspiration can hit anytime, anywhere. Using only an iPad and Apple Pencil, technical designers have access to a robust modeling toolset to easily create complex 3D models. Designed exclusively for iPad, Shapr3D takes advantage of ARKit and drag and drop. Later this year, the app will use the LiDAR Scanner to automatically generate an accurate 2D floor plan and 3D model of a room, which can be used as the basis to design remodels or room additions. The new design can then be previewed in real-world scale using AR right in the room scanned.”
- StaffPad is developed by StaffPad Ltd., this app allows you to write music in your own handwriting. StaffPad magically converts your handwritten notation into beautifully typeset notation. Use the pen or Apple Pencil to draw notes, rests, accidentals, articulations, and dynamics. StaffPad will recognize your writing and engrave your score. It is specially designed for composers who want an easy solution for writing and composing music digitally. This app uses Apple Pencil to perform features like drag and drop, Core ML to transform each bar into beautifully typeset music notation. Apple Pencil allows you to adjust hairpins, add articulations and symbols, select and move existing notation around, quickly copy/paste, flip stems, create tuplets, transpose, and much more.
- “Sayonara Wild Hearts”, is developed by Simogo and publisher Annapurna Interactive, it is a dreamy arcade game about riding motorcycles, skateboarding, dance battling, shooting lasers. This game best visuals and motion graphics. It uses Apple technologies including Metal, Spatial Audio. Its “Sayonara Wild Hearts” album is available on Spotify.
- “Sky: Children of the Light” by thatgamecompany, This animated game has players flying across sweeping landscapes in a magical kingdom to help celestial beings find their way back to the heavens. It has multiplayer integration and adventurous graphics. This game use Apple Metal Engine, haptics, Game Center, and Spatial Audio.
- “Song of Bloom” by indie developer Philipp Stollenmayer, this game packed with clever puzzles, allows players to explore a story in changing art styles from the game progress.
- “Where Cards Fall” by Snowman, this adventure game is a slice of life story where you build houses of cards to bring formative memories to life. It has over 50 challenging spacial puzzles.