Facebook Messenger Rooms gets new features, some enhancement, joinable group video calls to Messenger Rooms that make it easy to spend more time with your friends, loved ones, and people who share your interests.
There are also new personalizations in Messenger Rooms like AR effects, immersive 360-degree background, and mood lighting filters, so you can make your Messenger Rooms and video chats more special on mobile. You are now able to customize your background with your very own photos so you can now video chat from your favorite sunset or whatever, even you can customize your background with a funny home video.
Facebook is also rolling out a completely new and easier way to create and discover Rooms within Messenger on mobile. You can now create, share, manage, and drop by a room all within your app. Within Messenger, you will be able to:
- Discover Rooms: Rooms that you have been invited to will show up at the top of your Chats tab in your Inbox.
- Create Rooms: Ability to create a room is front and center in your Chats tab.
- Edit Rooms: You can create a room with a default, suggested or custom activity, set a future start date, and customize your audience selection.
- Manage Rooms: View, join and edit the rooms you have created. You can also invite more people to a scheduled room and delete a room you don’t want to be active anymore.
- Shared Rooms: Send notifications to ensure your invited friends don’t miss out.
FTC: We receive compensation from the links on this page. Learn more