Google India today launched a new feature called “People Cards” to allow people to build their own public profile for Google Search Engine using add me to search. This allows business professionals, performers, or anyone looking to build more visibility on online presence.
Whenever you search for famous people on Google Search, it’s now easy to find information about known people. Just search their names on Google Search and you’ll get knowledge panels that organize information about them from trusted sources like website, social profiles.
Google found a solution for those people who aren’t famous or even search for your own name. If you have a website or social profiles you want people to visit, or other information about yourself that you want others to know. So Google has introduced a new feature called People Cards, it’s a virtual visiting card, where you can highlight your online presence.
Here how you can create a People Card:
- First, you need to sign in to your Google Account.
- Then simply search for your name or “add me to search” and tap the prompt that appears.
- Now here you can start building your people card.
- You can choose a profile image from your Google Account.
- Add a description about yourself, and links to your existing website or social profiles.
- You can also add a phone number or an email address if you want. (optional)
- Please add more relevant information about yourself, so people can find you easily.
- Remember only one person’s card is allowed per Google Account, and phone number is required to authenticate the account.
“Google has a number of mechanisms to protect against abusive or spammy content, and if you come across low-quality information or a card that you believe was created by an impersonator, you can tap the feedback link to let us know. If you no longer want your people card to appear in Search, you can delete it at any time.”
If you’re trying to find someone on Search, these new cards make it quick and easy to find the right person. When you search for someone’s name and there’s a card available, you’ll see a module with the name, profession, and location, which you can tap to see their card. For people who share the same name, you’ll see multiple modules, and the information can help you distinguish between the different individuals to find who you’re looking for.
Google builds these tools for the millions of influencers, entrepreneurs, prospective employees, self-employed individuals, freelancers, or anyone else out there who wants to be an online presence.
Source: Google India
FTC: Readers like you help support iVLOGYT.com. When you purchase through links on our site, we may receive compensation at no extra cost to you, this will help us to keep our website running. Read our ethics here. Note: The pricing and availability are accurate as of the time of publication but are subject to change in the future.