Google recently announced a new integrated workspace experience that brings Chat, Meet, and Gmail apps close together on Android and Web. This new integrated workspace also makes it easy to access your favorite third-party apps, including DocuSign, Salesforce, and Trello, so you can get updates and take action within any kind of conversation across Gmail, Chat, and rooms. This new integrated workspace experience in Gmail helps you stay focused, be productive, and collaborate more effectively. This new workspace feature is only available for G Suite customers.
(Have you started 14 days free trial of G Suite? G Suite offers professional email like email@example.com, online storage, and more. You can learn more about G Suite for Business from here.)
Gmail across web and mobile will now feature four distinct components:
- Mail, which has not changed and is the same Gmail experience users know and love.
- Chat, which allows users to message individuals and small groups directly.
- Rooms, which are spaces that include shared chat, files, and tasks to help groups more easily work on projects.
- Meet, which features upcoming meetings that you can view and join.
It will also be able to open and co-edit a document with your team without leaving Gmail. This will make it easier for you to collaborate directly within the context of where you’re doing your work at that moment.
“This launch will create a better home for work that intelligently brings together the people, content, and tasks you need to make the most of your time. It will not only integrate core tools like video, chat, email, files, and tasks, it’ll make them better together, so that you can more easily stay on top of things, from anywhere.”
With a centralized location for your communication and collaboration, you’ll be able to:
- Spend less time switching between apps.
- Choose the right channel for the job.
- More effectively collaborate on project work.
- Search emails and chats from one place.
Google also introduced several new tools to help you priorities and stay focused:
- Assign group tasks.
- Get notified about task updates in rooms.
- Pin important rooms so they’re easier to find and access.
- Set your availability to “Do not disturb.”
- Better protect your time with status notices in Chat like “Out of office.”
- See files shared in a room.
- See integrated search results and toggle between Email and Chat results on the web.
- Start a new meeting or see your upcoming meetings under “Meet” on the web.