FTC: We receive compensation from the links on this page, more.
You might know that you can configure your PlayStation with a VPN, so you can access all streaming website content directly on your PlayStation. With Ivacy VPN you almost access all geo-restricted games and streaming content in an easy way. Just follow this simple comprehensive guide. Before you proceed with this guide, you will need a PlayStation VPN account or you can sign up for Ivacy VPN, so you’ll get all VPN benefits on your PS3, PS4, and PS5.
Setup VPN on PS3, PS4, and PS5 via Windows
- You must subscribe to Ivacy VPN.
- Download and install the Ivacy VPN app on Windows. (Download from here)
- Now launch the Ivacy VPN app on Windows.
- Connect it to the US server.
- Connect your PS3, PS4, or PS5 to the computer via LAN cable (crossover method).
- On the Windows computer, now go to “System Control Panel” then select “Network and Sharing Center.”
- On the left side menu, click on the “Change adapter settings.”
- Now right click on the “Ivacy icon” and select “Properties.”
- Then click on the “Sharing tab” and enable the “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Click on “OK.”
- Now Access XMB menu of PS3 (or Dynamic Menu of PS4).
- Now go to “Settings and tap on Network Settings and select Set up Internet Connection.”
- Select “Use a LAN Cable.”
- Then click on “Do Not Use a Proxy Server,” if asked.
- Now accept all changes in settings, then select “Test Connection”, if you have done all the above steps then your PlayStation VPN is configured is successful via Windows.
But what about if you’re a Mac user, don’t worry I’ll get you covered, follow these simple steps on your Mac to configure PlayStation VPN.
Setup VPN on PS3, PS4, and PS5 via Mac
- As for the first steps, you must need an active Ivacy VPN subscription.
- Simply download and install the Ivacy Mac VPN app. (Download from here)
- Now launch the Ivacy Mac VPN app.
- Connect it to the US server.
- Connect your PS3, PS4, or PS5 to the Mac via LAN cable (crossover method), just like Windows.
- On the Mac go to “System Preferences” and select “Sharing.”
- Then select “Internet Sharing.”
- Now click the drop-down menu of “Share Your Connection From,” and select the source of your internet connection. (It will be Ethernet, Wireless, or AirPort)
- Then click on the drop-down menu of “To Computer Using” and select the “Ethernet.”
- Now enable the checkbox next to Internet Sharing.
- The “Internet Sharing” icon will be turn green which means sharing has been started.
- Now go to the PlayStation VPN app on your Mac system, and launch it then connect it to the desired server.
- Now access the XMB menu of PS3, PS4, or PS5 and then go to “Settings > Network Settings > Set up Internet Connection.”
- Then select “Use a LAN Cable”.
- Now click on “Do Not Use a Proxy Server,” if asked.
- Now accept all changes in settings, then select “Test Connection.”
- Now your PlayStation VPN has been configured via Mac.
There one more easy way to configure PlayStation VPN via Wi-Fi Router, follow these easy methods.
Setting up PS3, PS4, and PS5 VPN via Wi-Fi Router
- Access the XMB menu of PS3, PS4, or PS5, and select “Settings > Network Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.”
- Then select “Use Wi-Fi,” and choose the method as “Easy.”
- Now select your Wireless internet connection and make sure you have the right credentials to access Wi-Fi, then entered it.
- Now click on “Do Not Use a Proxy Server.”
- Now accept all settings, and click on the “Test Connection.”
If you need additional guidance about how to add a VPN to Router, then you must follow these simple steps.
- Make the Ethernet connection or a wireless connection from your router to your computer.
- Now open the simple settings tab or basic setup tab of the DD-WRT router.
- In the “Connection Type” field drop-down and select “PPTP.”
- Then “Use DHCP” option, select Yes.
- Now in the “Gateway” (PPTP Server), you’ll need to type the name of the server that you desire to use. Note: If you use Ivacy VPN then you must check out all available server lists from here. And write the Username and Password in the respective fields, in addition to the PPTP option field, write “refuse-eap.”
Check out the other popular VPN services if you like them:
- Surfshark VPN – (81% OFF)
- NordVPN – (72% off for limited time)
- Hola VPN – (Up to 80% off)
- Ivacy VPN – (Up to 87% off and Free 2TB Cloud Storage)
- CyberGhost VPN – (83% OFF)
- ZenMate Ultimate – (85% off)
- ZenMate Pro – (75% off)
- IPVanish VPN – (Save $81.89/year)
- IPVanish VPN + Storage – (Save $89.74/year)
- Atlas VPN – (86% off)
- ClearVPN by MacPaw
- ExpressVPNExpressVPN – (Up to 35% off)
- KeepSolid VPN – (20% off)
- Namecheap VPN – (83% off & FREE for 1-Month)
- Norton VPN
- Private Internet Access – (77% off + 2-month FREE)
- Proton VPN – (33% off)
- PureVPN – (47% off)
- Avast SecureLine VPN – (47% off)
- StrongVPN – (40% off)
- TorGuard – (Coupon code: IVLOGYT50 to get 50% off for lifetime)
- VyprVPN – (87% off for Limited Time Only)
- VPN Proxy Master – (69% off)
What is a VPN?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a service that allows you to connect to the Internet via an encrypted tunnel to ensure your online privacy and protect your sensitive data. A VPN is commonly used to secure a connection to a public Wi-Fi hotspot, hide IP addresses, and make your browsing private.
What a VPN can do?
It will mask your IP address is essential to becoming private online. A VPN makes sure that your city, country, and torrent download history aren’t linked to your identity. A VPN encrypts your online data and helps to secure your personal information when you use free Wi-Fi in airports or anywhere else. You can unblock sites by connecting to a VPN server in a different country. Access to various websites is restricted in many countries due to growing internet censorship or geo-blocking. Access more Netflix libraries from all over the world with a VPN.
What are the benefits of a VPN?
- You can control your privacy. VPNs can protect all your data and makes sure you are not exposed when you go online.
- It will help to secure yourself online.
- You can hide your identity, bypass censorship.
- You can watch your favorite TV shows or access streaming services if your country does not have this kind of service or you may be in a different country. For example, HBO Max is currently unavailable in India, but you can access it using a VPN service.
- You can enjoy P2P sharing privately, it will prevent threatening letters from ISP when you use torrent.
- It can help you access mobile internet data faster and block ads before they can load and slow you down.
How does VPN work in the backend?
It will first make a DNS request, then it will be built with secret keys. With these secret keys, it will create a secure channel. Then VPN protocols help encrypt your data that will use the secure channel.