Instagram rolling out a new feature Personal Fundraiser for Android and iOS in the US, UK, and Ireland. This will allow you to donate money for a personal cause, like yourself, your small business, a friend, or a cause that’s important to you. The donation will be done by an eligible country like the US, UK, and Ireland. This allows you to donate money to a fundraiser through the donation stickers. Instagram also expand Personal Fundraiser in the coming months.
To start a fundraiser from the Instagram app:
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right.
- Tap Edit Profile > Add Fundraiser > Raise Money.
- Choose a cover photo from your Instagram posts or camera roll.
- Add a title, select your currency and the best category for your fundraiser, and enter a description.
- Tap Next in the top right, then tap Done.
“Your fundraiser will be sent for review. If it’s approved, you’ll receive a notification and will be able to start raising money for 30 days. Keep in mind that you must be at least 18 years old to start a personal fundraiser.” Read the Personal Fundraiser Policies
When people donate to your fundraiser, they can choose to keep their information hidden from the public, but you will be able to see their username, name on their profile, and donation amount. After your fundraiser concludes, the funds go to your designated bank account.
FTC: We receive compensation from the links on this page. Learn more