Panasonic Corporation has developed jointly with Tokyo based Automotive Company Nissan Corporation a high-performance electronic mirror for driver safety. It features significant image definition enhancement for better visibility at night and control of a flicker phenomenon caused by the LED lamps of vehicles behind.
Nissan said that “As Nissan’s fourth-generation electronic mirror, this development was adopted for KICKS models, new compact SUV released to the Japanese market on June 30, 2020, and to the Thai market after July 2020.”
It featured a 2-megapixel camera and a high-resolution display coupled with Panasonic image processing technology to ensure superior image definition and nighttime visibility. A frameless mirror with superior design has been also adopted.
The intelligently rear-view mirror is a system to cover a wide range of a vehicle’s rear-view using its specially-designed camera and to display in the position of a rear-view mirror.
This development has the following main features:
- Achieving high definition images to reduce the driver’s burden
- Adopting a 2-megapixel camera as opposed to the 1.3 megapixels of the conventional model.
- Display of resolution as high as 163 ppi as opposed to the 100 ppi of the conventional model.
- Enhancing visibility at night and controlling LED flicker from vehicles behind
- Technology unique to Panasonic made it possible to increase the dynamic range to 120 dB (conventional model: 100 dB) for enhanced visibility at night and to control flicker from LED lamps at the same time.
- The adoption of the F2.0 lens further enhances visibility at nighttime (conventional model: F2.8).
- Adopting a frameless mirror with superior design
- No peripheral rim of the mirror for achieving the whole mirror surface.
- The camera is positioned at the rear window. No projection of back passengers reduces blind spots and improves rearward visibility
- A camera fitted inside the rear window reduces blind spots. Unlike conventional inner mirrors, fellow passengers and situations inside the car are not reflected and there is no obstruction of rearward visibility.
Leveraging the most-advanced AV technology which is available only from Panasonic for cameras, displays, and other devices and other technologies accumulated through past automotive business, Panasonic will continue to provide drivers with safe and secure driving environment.
FTC: Readers like you help support iVLOGYT.com. When you purchase through links on our site, we may receive compensation at no extra cost to you, this will help us to keep our website running. Read our ethics here. Note: The pricing and availability are accurate as of the time of publication but are subject to change in the future.