Parents who have Spotify Premium Family subscriptions will now able to share their favorite songs or selected only songs for their kids with the help of Shared Playlists which has built-in Spotify parental settings. Shared Playlists allows parents to share the music playlists they have created in their Spotify account directly with their child in the Spotify Kids app.
Note: Spotify Kids app only available in the following countries Denmark, Sweden, and New Zealand, UK and Australia, Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico, Germany and Japan, U.S., Canada, and France. Spotify will be adding more countries in the future.
Shared Playlists has more than 300,000 kid-friendly songs and 1,300 playlists on Spotify Kids, and these all are pick by Spotify’s experienced team and editors who have nearly 100 years of combined experience curating content for kids. They come from some of the most well-respected brands in this space, including Nickelodeon, Disney, Discovery Kids, and Universal Pictures, as well as Public Service in Sweden and BookBeat, which is a family- and kids-oriented audio streaming service.
So, how to share your favorite playlists with your child using the Spotify Kids app.
- Create a playlist of your family’s favorite tunes on the Spotify app (or choose the one you made in the past). Make sure to review the lyrics, album cover artwork, and any possible explicit tracks (which will be marked with an ‘E’).
- If there are individual songs within the playlist you don’t want to share with your kid, remove them from your playlist in the Spotify app.
- Next, head to the parental settings section of the Spotify Kids app and enter your four-digit pin.
- Tap the “Shared Playlists” section in your kids’ profile. Then, you’ll be able to see your Spotify playlists and select the ones you want to share with each child.
- If the parents are the first time to do this, a pop-up screen will appear to confirm that you want to share the playlist. After, the child can access the playlist on their homepage from a new “Shared with You” section.
Source: Spotify Kids
FTC: We receive compensation from the links on this page. Learn more